All my life I have heard "if you sin, there will be consequences to pay". Upon hearing this I always pictured in my head things like a murderer going to prison, or a homosexual having aids, or someone over dosing on drugs. So when I was in my early twenties and married, I wondered at that saying. Because it had seemed as though I skated right through my wild days with not even a scratch. So I just chalked it up to God having mercy on me by letting me come out on the other side unscathed. I thought maybe the same didn't apply to me. I honestly didn't know. But it was always in the back of my mind.
Fast forward 12 years and you will see a much different picture. Turns out that saying is true! Who knew. Though there seems to be no physical evidence today, what I do have is much different than what I was expecting.
The sins of my past and the things I became susceptible to and had to endure as a result of turned out having greater implications than I could have ever imagined.
Think about your heart, soul and mind. It is amazing that something that may have happened 15 years ago can come to you in an instant....causing all kinds of grief and strife. I have been forgiven...but instead of dealing with it the way God wanted me to, I chose to stash it in file 13 in the back of my brain. As I grow closer to God, He keeps telling me...ok Becky, we have got to deal with this.
You can never unsee the things you have seen, and you can never unhear the things you hear. Most importantly, you can never undo the things you have done.
Yes, God has forgiven me, but I am still dealing with the aftermath of my decisions. Not only am I dealing with it....but my family is dealing with it.
The Bible says that sins are passed down from generation to generation. I don't think it has to be this way. If we are willing, God will take care of those demons. Sure our kids will have their own struggles in life, but those struggles do not have to be predetermined.
Be careful little eyes what you see, be careful little ears what you hear, be careful little hands what you do...for the Father up above is looking down in love......
God, give me a pure heart, soul and mind. Please mend me. Do not let my family suffer the consequences of my past any longer.
I love you.
Amen.
Just think about that.