Thoughts on life from a child of
God....


Tuesday, October 5, 2010

The Adventures of God and Susie

Susie: Dear God, I want to take this time to thank you for this day. For life and breath. For love, patience, mercy, forgiveness, for family and friends. For a roof over our heads and for food on our table....

God: Well, my child, you are welcome. You know I want to take care of all your needs. You must not prove anything to me, I do it because I love you.

Susie: Yes God, I know. I love you too
.
God: Susie, I 've been noticing lately that you have a void in your heart that needs to be filled.

Susie: Oh yeah, about that, well...it's hard to explain.  I feel such a burden to reach out to others. Other people...people different from me. Other nations. Other worlds that are not my own. But I realize that is impossible...so I will just have to try and deal with this burden. You think you can take care of it for me?

God: Yes of course I can. I am the one who put it there.

Susie: You God?  Why

God: Because Susie, I am going to use you to reach people from all nations.

Susie: God, that just can't be. You don't understand, I have nothing to give.  If I went somewhere to serve, what would I do. I mean, the people that I know that do these things are preachers and teachers and doctors and nurses. They are skilled professionals in construction etc, etc, ... 

God: And...your point is?

Susie: Well...I have nothing to give. Nothing to offer. No way to help. My heart is longing to help...but how can I?

God: Susie, do you remember that day that you stood in the kitchen, and you sang me a song. And you cried. You said God, here I am. Send me.

Susie: Yes God...I remember

God: You see, you are the perfect person for me to use to do my work. Reaching the world is not about what you can do. It is not about your ability, or training, or profession. It is about me. So, when you say, "I have nothing to give", I say, "exactly". 

God: Susie?
Susie: Yes God?
God: Are you ready?
Susie: Yes God.
God: Good. Lets get started.