It never fails.
If I begin to feel "accomplished" in my own abilities, something comes along to knock the wind from my sails. The writer of Proverbs knew that pride comes before a fall.
When something happens in our lives that makes us step back and examine ourselves, we often don't want to see what needs to be examined.
Well Lord, she this...and well God he that....and well, it just isn't fair and it just isn't right!
Such was the case for me recently and I was faced with the blaring question from God: "If what you do is in worship to me, then why is this an issue for you? You're offering of praise is for an audience of one...right?". Ummm, well, God, you see...wait a minute here, I am the one who is supposed to be asking the questions...
Hmmm. Well, I cannot deny the fact that all that I do is for God. Not for show. Anything that God has placed passion in my heart for is to be used for His glory, His honor, and His praise. Not so people can think good of me....or badly of me...or compare me to others, which ever the case may be. Perhaps even my own and somewhat distorted opinion and not so hight self esteem play a role as well. When the opinion of others (or what I think their opinion is) determines my servitude to the Almighty, then there is a problem.
God, bring these faults into view, that I may take the necessary steps to letting you cleanse my heart, cleanse my purpose and focus, and most of all cleanse my praise. May it be pure to you. May this offering I bring be sweet sweet smell in the air you breath.
Amen.
Just think about that.
