I don't watch the news. I hate the news. When the news comes on, I turn it off or run into another room. I don't want to have to think about all the wicked things that people are doing.
If I never hear it or see it then I don't have to think about it. There was an exception one night when I wanted to see a clip being done on a huge flood in another part of the country. As my son and I sat there and watched, over and over the word flood or flooding was used. My son started to ponder what might happen if the flood was so big and it destroyed everything. In his reasoning as he talked out loud...he laughed and said, "well, we know that's not going to happen. Our daddy won't let it". I was just a bit confused at first, trying to get into his thoughts...when it hit me. He was referring to the fact that our God would never destroy the entire earth again by water!!! I was BLOWN away. He was so sincere and matter of fact about these things that he knew about his "Daddy". I began to view God in a whole different light.
We giggle at the naive statements made by children, but I have to wonder...are they really naive? Perhaps if we gave thought to the words so innocently pouring out of the mouths of babes, we to could have a renewed outlook on life.
A little child shall lead lead them. Pure of heart. Pure of mind. Pure intent. I can hardly remember such a day.
Is.11:6 says that a little child shall lead them. This world thinks you have to have "knowledge" and "experience" in life to be wise. Some call it "paying your dues". But we must remember that it was knowledge that got Adam and Eve kicked out of the garden.
Dare to be childish. Dare to believe that one day you might land on the moon...or be a cowboy...or witness God do wonderful things in your life.
There is nothing wrong with knowledge...but nothing beats a child like attitude.
Just think about that.